Tuesday, November 1, 2011

III IIII II IIII I IIII IIIII II (Translated from sparrow, "Happy Halloween!")

Been a bit busy around but these parts of late, but that doesn't mean we haven't been celebrating the season. As I think I made clear last year, I'm a huge fan of Halloween, and having a kid means I get to celebrate that much more.

We got the outdoor decorations up over the course of a few days, and LG's been enamored of them this year, now that she's actually big enough to investigate on her own.


As big as she's gotten, it's kind of funny to me that these things are still bigger than her. I suppose it won't be too long until the reverse is true.

As noted last year, we ran through several ideas before we came up with the Tribble for LG's Halloween costume. It was more or less my idea, so this year, Hollie got to pick. I'm pretty sure we've only got maybe one more year before LG starts picking her own costumes, so we're trying to make the most of it. Next year's effort may have to be collaborative. I'm thinking maybe a family costume, since we'll probably take her trick-or-treating. Any ideas?

But I'm getting ahead of myself. As I said, Hollie picked this year's costume (and my mom put it together), and if you know Hollie at all, then the costume should be pretty easy to guess.

 
Come on, you can do it!

Yellow comb... a fan tail....

Got it?

Alright, here's a big hint.

Yes, that is a beagle. Although I'm betting there's not a biscuit in the world that would've gotten him to perch on that house naturally.

If you notice that the costume looks a little similar to last year's, it's because the body is basically the same as the Tribble. It turns out that a lot of baby costumes are just big ol' fat suits. Who knew?


Also, I seem to have started a Halloween tradition of awkwardly Photoshopped costume pictures. I am okay with this. And since the cartoon picture above made Hollie laugh out loud when she saw it, I think I'll keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment