Thursday, September 15, 2016

Confessions of a 3-Year-Old Genius (Self-Proclaimed)

Two half days, three full days, two stories of G2 interacting with his teachers.

I went to Back-to-School night for G2's new preschool, and after all the other parents left, I had a few minutes to talk with his teacher. First words out of her mouth, "I gotta tell ya, your son has made my personal Facebook wall more than any other kid so far." After assuring me she never mentions his name, she related these stories.

Sitting next to his teacher at lunch, G2 turns to her and says:
You know, sometimes, people stand next to people who are sitting. And the people who are standing look taller than the people who are sitting down. But the people who are sitting are taller, but you don't know that because they're sitting down.
I added the emphasis there, but based on his teacher's retelling, he sounded like he was pulling the lid off the greatest conspiracy of our time.

During play-doh time, they have the following exchange:
G2: Some people say 'wooder' and some people say 'WAH-ter.' Mom and Dad say 'WAH-ter,' and tell me I should say 'WAH-ter,' but I'm going to say 'wooder.'
Teacher: I used to say 'wooder' when I was little, but then I got older and I decided I should say 'WAH-ter' instead.
G2: Yeah. I'm just going to keep saying 'wooder.'
Teacher: You're a pretty smart kid.
G2: Yes, I'm good at finding things. I'm good at building things. ... I'm a genius.
My son: Thinker of great thoughts, finder of things, genius.




No comments:

Post a Comment